Yes people, I finally did it – finally made a hat that 1) fits me 2) suits me (sort of). Actually, if I’m being really fussy, it makes me look a little bit egg-headed, but I’m glossing over that part and focusing on the “yay!” part.
It’s just a basic Trebles (US dc) hat with a few rows of double crochet (US sc) with a simple little rosette attached at the side (which I put together on the wrong side to make it lie a little bit flatter). All nice and easy. The only thing that caused me trouble was the pink wool, which is some lovely old Jaegar wool that my very kind friend gave me from her departed Granny’s stash. I thinkit must have been there for some time because it kept coming apart in my hands and eventually I had to double it up. There are a lot of knots hidden underneath, but it’s the outside that counts!
And that’s pretty much all I have to say about that.